Saturday, December 18, 2010

Altered Frame

Hello Everyone,

This is a project I was working on Today, well some of last night too.  It mostly came together this morning because last night out of frustration I was on the verge of tossing it out.. hehehe~ This wasn't my first altered frame but my 3rd but the 1st 2 was really easy.  I gave it to my son's 2nd grade teacher.  I wish I didn't forget to take a picture of that one though.

This one was a headache, I think it's because the glass frame was actually glued to the frame already and I really wanted to put a ribbon on it but couldn't.  Also I have less than 2 weeks till the end of my pregnancy and my body aches when I am  crafting since I love to craft standing up.

Well here is a picture of what I made, it's a Xmas gift for my Mother....

I got this frame from Michaels last night.  I bought 2 but I think I will be returning 1 of them because like I said it was just so difficult for me to alter it, maybe because I am tired, but it was just frustrating....

The paper line I used is K & Company - Wild Raspberry.  I then inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye.  I also sprayed the whole frame with some Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist in Pearl.

 This sentiment is from HSN's 3 Birds Line and also flocked.
 This flower is made out of scrap paper from the same line.  I used the Stacking  Daisy Punch and just curled them with a pencil tip.  The bling is Imaginisce I-Rock.
 The flower is from Prima, brad is from Ki Memories it came glittered.  The Butterfly is Martha Stewart Punch, which I used UTEE to emboss it and Martha Stewart Fine clear glitter.  The pearls I just found in my stash, but I think it's from Michaels.

 Again I used the Marvy Uchida Stacking Daisy Punch on this one and just curled the edges.  The bling is from HSN's 3 Birds line.
I think towards the end I am pretty happy with the results, I hope my mom likes her Christmas Gift.

No comments: