Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Creative Time's Design Team Day

For today's project we are to create a Shaped card.  I will be showcasing the My Favorite Sayings Stamp Set, I think this is one of my favorite stamps sets,  I know it's hard.  I love all of My Creative Time's Stamps. I have 2 cards for you today.  I couldn't really decide what I wanted to show you, it's so hard to create after coming back from vacations but when you are working with something you love it makes it easier.  I really love how both these turned out and I hope you do too.

For this card I just used my Lacey Circle Spellbinders to make the base of the card.
Recipe:
Lacey Labels used was sized at 4.25
I used my white signo pen to add some faux stitching
Image is from Designed2Delight called Garden Party
I added a little bit of stickles in the middle of the flowers.
I also added some glossy accents on the pot where the cupcake is sitting and on the wings of the bee.
Sentiment is My Creative Time's My Favorite Sayings stamped in SU! Pacific Point, I just curved the sentiment so it sits nice on top of the image.
I added some button of course with some Twine.  I believe the buttons are from PTI

This is being entered to the following Challenges:
Here is my 2nd card:
Recipe:
Lady Bug is from the Create a Critter Critter Cartridge cut at 2.5
I welded the Shadow for the base of my card together
DP is K and Co Berry Sweet Stack
I also used my white signo pen here her to highlight my little ladybug
For that adorable little face I used PKS Happy Lashes, doesn't it bring so much personality on little bug
That cute little sentiment is also from My Creative Time's My Favorite Sayings stamped in SU! Melon Mambo ink.

Don't forget to visit to pop on over My Creative Time to see what my fellow DT's have created. I'm telling you I am so lucky to be surrounded by such talented ladies.



22 comments:

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Kate,Both of your projects are AMAZING!I TOTALLY LOVE the little Lady Bug,TO CUTE!And your card with the image is as BEAUTIFUL my friend!:)

jen said...

Kate I love them both and loved how you decorated around them....great idea and super duper cute!!!
hugs,jen

Amy said...

Love them both!!! They are so cute and adorable! :)Amy

Glora said...

These are both PERFECT! And I just LOVE how you photographed them with flower and buttons around them. Genius. LOVE love LOVE 'em! hugs- Glora

Crafting Katie said...

What adorable cards, Kate! They are both so pretty! I love the bright colors, and something about that particular face on your bug is just perfect!

Gia said...

So Cute! Love the ladybug!

Nita said...

Aw Kate, both projects are perfect (you're just so darn talented!), but that ladybug takes the cake! How super sweet is she with her little PKS face? Adorable.
Nita :)
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Lola said...

Both these cards are just adorable. I especially like the sentiment you chose for the Garden Party! And the ladybug....awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Designed2Delight.

Leanne said...

Wowzers Kate! Both of these are ADORABLE! You outdid yourself my friend! I love the image of the first one and you colored it beautifully and love the shape of the ladybug and that was the perfect sentiment to add to it! Hugs, Leanne

dstandard said...

These cards are just adorable - love your bright colors! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Anonymous said...

they both adorable my friend, dont blame you for not been able to make a decision.. really cute..

Ivette

Linda said...

OMG these are both so cute. I love love love the bug. Well I love them both but the bug is so stinkin cute.

Sherrie K. said...

Love them both Kate! I especially love the ladybug...stinken cute!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

Kate, Oh, how delightful both of these are. I just really love the papers you used on the ladybug. Sooooo cute!
Charlotte

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh Kate...both of your cards are amazing!! Love them!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Lisa said...

OMG Kate, both your cards are beautiful. Love that ladybug and I love how you added the buttons and flowers around the cards for the photos. Beautiful ;)

JenE said...

Great cards but I so just LOVE the "bug me anytime" card! Thanks for the tip on welding the shadow pieces together! This will be perfect for my nieces 2nd b-day!!!

Cathryn said...

Your bug is too cute! So happy and bright! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Kathy Salido said...

Oh, that little bug, she is so adorable!!!
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Both of these are AMAZING! I love the paper you used on your ladybug! Super cute!

Michelle said...

Cute card, Kate! I love the ladybug shape card! :)

hugs,
michelle

http://michelles-crafty-creations.blogspot.com

Amanda T said...

What darling cards! Your ladybug is the sweetest thing. Love your blog, too! :)