Monday, October 17, 2011

Harvest Blessings

Today TradeFish Designs is sponsoring 
LESSology
The challenge this week is to create "Wall Art". Any altered project that you can hang on the wall. You must also incorporate at least 1 recycled or upcycled piece onto your project (like cardboard, recycled ribbon, etc.)

***Warning a bit longer post***

Here is what I made:
Now you are probably thinking, how is that recycled.  Actually if you look very closely at the top you see something sticking out of it.  That's because this is pretty much a 2 in one Wall Decor.  A couple of weeks ago I posted a Wall Decor too.

Here is that one: 
(if you click on the picture, it will take you to my original post to see what I used to make this wall decor)
 I decided to use the back of  this one to create my project above.  I also switched my Ribbon to the crinkled ribbon I got from Stephanie the host of Whimsical Wednesdays.  I was their GDT during their Halloween Blog Hop.

Okay so my mom is a bit of a hoarder not that bad, but when I went to SF I discovered a very heavy 8.5 x 11 box so I wondered what could it be.  She has collected a box of boards (you know like the ones that are at the very end of the paper pack.  She said she was collecting it to use as a hand fan when she is hot, LOL.  I asked her if I can just have it because I can definitely use it for things, like wall decor, or mini albums, etc.

Here is a picture of it, I am adding some Mod Podge so I can add my Designer Paper on it.



Here is the picture again:



DP is from K and Co that I got at Michael's recently
Cardstocks are from Recollection
The ribbon on top with leaves was a RAK I got from my other Crafty BFF Tenny
I used TradeFish Designs, Got Leaves? Stamp Set
I added some Xmas Red stickles on the trees to make it look like apples, I love apple pie and I think that's what I was thinking when I added the stickles.

I hope you like my 2 in one project.  Definitely Recycled.  Let me know what you think.

12 comments:

Amy said...

Love them both Kate! Awesome wall decor, and great use of the stamps! :)Amy

quilt4fun2 said...

I really like that you are using both sides...a great idea and you can use it more this way.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

yyam said...

Clever Kate! Love that you can switch between designs! Totally cool! :)

Thanks for joining us at LESSology! :)

Linda said...

You are so clever. You have a reversible wall hanging. LOL Now you need one for Dec and Jan. LOL
I really do like both sides.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely art pieces for the season, thanks for sharing it with us at LESSology!

Angi Barrs said...

What a fabulous idea Kate. Love the fun colors and the adorable Halloween decor. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at LESSology. :)

Katy said...

Very cool!

~amy~ said...

Love them both! Thanks for playing with us at LESSology!

TesaB said...

What a brilliant way to reuse - two in one!!! :) Beautiful fall colors, and the wrinkled ribbon is sooooo yummy! Thanks for sharing with us at LESSology!!! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous idea to create a new wall hanging on the back of an old one! That is just genius, and this is SO cute, too. Definitely perfect for this time of year. Thanks so much for playing along with us at LESSology.

lisa said...

Lovely : )
Thanks for playing with us at LESSology xxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh these are GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors !Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology! :):):):):):):):):):):)