Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Creative Time's Design Team Day

It's Design Team Day over at My Creative Time.

Today we are to make "Anything but a Card" and I decided to make Earrings.  I am showcasing the Game Night Stamp Set, but I used other My Creative Time Stamps too.  This is also my very first time make a jewelry.  I hope you like it.


 Recipe:
I used My Creative Time's Embossed Gift Card Holder Die
My Creative Time's Build a Banner Kit for the background houndstooth image, which I stamped with Water Resist pictured at the bottom
I also used My Creative Time's Honey Do List for the words "when" and "time"
Flower is from Prima
You can used your embossing gun for your shrink plastic but it was much better to just throw it in the oven for it to be even.
Go check out what the rest of the DT's have created by visiting My Creative Time



16 comments:

Amy said...

These are so cool! I love them- so creative Kate! :)Amy

Linda said...

Great idea! I love making stuff with shrinking film. I got invited to a bunco party but I can't go. It is fun to play. I played once at at library fun raiser. These would be perfect to wear to a card party. FUN!

Cathryn said...

So fun Kate!!! Great job on this. The earrings are soooo cute! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Crafting Katie said...

Those are so fun, Kate! I love them!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

great idea for an invitation! never would have thought of it!

jen said...

Kate these came out so cute!!! Where they easy to make? I would love to try this. I also want to make those bottle caps....have you tried making them yet? You did a great job and they are super adorable. tfs
hugs,jen

Unknown said...

Wow this is such a fun idea Kate!! Totally cute and how fun for the person who gets the invite, such a nice surprise tucked inside. I have never used Shrinky Dinks but have been wanting to try them. I think I will try for some Christmas earings:) Hugs!

Creations by Shirl said...

What a clever idea Kate - wow like this project... but got to many things on my back burner still waiting to get finished up.... will love to try this though....
Awesome! One big hug for you :)

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Wow Kate the earrings are AWESOME!!! I knew I should have got that stamp set :( My mom would love them & her B-Day is next week. Oh well, maybe next year!
Love the whole package, you did an AWESOME job!!!
Puppy Hugs!

Anonymous said...

THis came out great Kate.. lovely...

Cassandra said...

Holy cow...how super cute!!! Great job :)

quilt4fun2 said...

Great earrings...I want to give the shrink plastic a try too. It looks fun.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Glora said...

Kate this is a terrific idea. I've never worked with the shrink plastic before but I totally should. SO many possibilies! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,these are awesome,Kate!! TFS!! :) I still have some shrink plastic here for many years now...i think i finaly will use it soon!! Love this idea!!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Sherrie K. said...

Cute gift card holder and adorable jewelry. I have seen this done over at Emma's blog and I must say now that you did it too..I must give it a try. Such a cute idea and makes for a great gift. Thanks for sharing Kate!!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

What a great idea and definitely fun way to get an invite.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations