Monday, July 2, 2012

Ginger Snaps Scraps DT Post: Tim Holtz "Summer Distress Inks"



Hello, today is Ginger Snaps Scraps DT Post Day and we are showcasing the New Tim Holtz Summer Distress Inks and I just love them.  The colors are seriously so vibrant.
Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Summer - Limited Edition - 3 Pack
I don't have any distress ink markers so I/we wanted to experiment.  Me and my son just stamped the distress inks on an acrylic block and then used the Ranger paint brush to color this cute little PKS image.  My 14 yr old did the hat.  I did the dress and then I used Copics on her face.
Card Size 4.25 x 5.52
Background Stamp is from Peachy Keen Stamps "Cloudy Day", I distress it with the Salty Ocean ink
DP is from MME "Happier"
Image and Sentiment is from Peachy Keen June 2012 SKOTM
I also used my Jaded Blossom Flag Die which has been distressed by all 3 inks
Her head is on Action Wobbles which has been really trimmed to fit.

Now don't forget to check what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Also GSS has started a new Kit of the Month for more info, please go HERE.

Just click on the Logo to take you to the store.



Photobucket

9 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

You and your on did an amazing job on this card :) I always love seeing your creations! Fabulous card Kate!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow soon you will be having all the kiddies in with your crafting.. How neat this will be, they can relieve you when you get to overwhelm... LOL.... Great job and this is soooo cute......
Enjoy your night.....
Spark you tomorrow....

Cindy Beland said...

Such a sweet card Kate!AWESOME job to both,I looks GORGEOUS!!!!:)

Lisa said...

This is so sweet!! That is the cutest image and the sentiment is perfect!! What a gorgeous card my friend!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

Sooo sweet Kate! I love it!

Kim H said...

Kate ~ you and your son did an AMAZING job!! i can't believe you did this with just the ink pads themselves ~ WOW! That is not only CLEVER but it turned out FABULOUS! Always so inspiring!!!

Connie Can Crop said...

Absolutely adorable Kate!!

recollectionalley said...

How clever Kate! I will definitely try this technique!

Janea

BugBites said...

Very cute Kate and how special your son helped you.